Accounting Assistant - Accounts Payable
Des Moines, IA
- Receive, date stamp, and distribute incoming mail to various Corporate Departments for approval.
- Confirm invoice has a valid purchase order that has been properly approved and received.
- Validate that the vendor remit-to name and address on the invoice matches vendor profile in the A/P accounting system.
- Procure W-9 forms for vendors not already established in A/P accounting system.
- Communicate with field for item resolution (i.e. no PO, PO's not approved and/or received, invoice billed for more quantity and/or proce than PO authorized.)
- Indentify capatalized (Form-3) and prepaid charges expensed in eror with PO's.
- Match purchase receipts against Weekly Employee Expense Report and coding to proper g/l accounts.
- Validate sales tax charges on invoice against Sales Tax Matrix to determine whether tax liability exists.
- Rebill (creating an A/R invoice) Customer Service vendor payments to Ruan customers where applicable.
- Research National and Individual vendor amount agings.
- Investigate and respond to emails and phone calls.
- Provide back-up support to other A/P staff positions as needed.
- 2 Year Degree
- Knowledge of Debts/Credits
- Attention to detail and ability communicate effectively
- Scanning/Indexing experience preferred
- Experience communicating with vendors for AP or AR issues preferred
Dedicated to Diversity