Transportation Supervisor - Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Wayne, IN
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: Day hours - must be flexible
- Scheduling and directing the work activity for a group of drivers and/or yard spotters.
- Provide leadership and direction to drivers and other operations staff to include process improvement, team building, coaching and feedback.
- Organize , plan and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and resolve delivery and scheduling issues through timely communication with customers, drivers, vendors and other Ruan locations.
- Associate's degree plus two years of related experience is required. Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation or Logistics is strongly preferred.
- 3 years experience in an operational transportation role.
- Must have excellent customer relationship and communication skills.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Direct experience leading, directing and developing team members.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology such as routing systems and Microsoft Office products required.
Dedicated to Diversity