Terminal Manager - Parker Ford, PA
Parker Ford, PA
- Responsible for overall management of the operation by providing leadership and direction to create process improvements and establish a team environment.
- Organize, plan and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate and retain terminal employees in accordance with Federal regulations and company policy.
- Operate terminal efficiently by analyzing operating costs, equipment utilization, fuel mileage and driver wages.
- Adhere to MEGASAFE safety program in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure drivers and terminal personnel adhere to established DOT regulation and safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain. 3-5 years of transportation leadership experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- One year of experience in transportation leadership role required. Preferred candidate will have three years experience supervising and leading a transportation team consisting of drivers and office staff.
- Prior experience managing multiple customer accounts is strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Experience conducting business using multiple software systems and processes.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems.
Dedicated to Diversity