TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR - DEDICATED FLEET
Terminal Number: 006
Summary Information: Ruan has an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Supervisor at our Amsterdam, NY operation. The Supervisor will be responsible for a fleet of company drivers for a dedicated account. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise, coordinate and schedule a fleet of drivers according to customer requests in compliance with company rules and DOT regulations to maximize equipment utility, customer satisfaction and operational profitability.
SCHEDULE: THURSDAY-SUNDAY; DAY HOURS
Primary Duties Include:
- Scheduling and directing the work activity for a group of drivers and/or yard spotters.
- Provides leadership and direction to drivers and other operations staff to include process improvement, team-building, coaching and feedback.
- Organizes, plans and implements transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and resolves delivery and scheduling problems through timely communication with customers, drivers, vendors and other Ruan locations.
- Associates Degree required or equivalent experience required, Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- 2 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong working knowledge of technology within dispatch systems and Microsoft Office Suite
Dedicated to Diversity