About the Position
This open position in Seattle, WA, will serve a dedicated contract carriage customer hauling grocery store product. Truck drivers have various schedules both days, nights and weekend shifts. We are currently hiring to meet the increase holiday business demands. We have a collective bargaining agreement with our truck drivers and offer benefits for even our part time employees with a minimum hour applicable.
At Ruan, our 4,200 professional truck drivers our most valuable assets. Our founder, John Ruan, personally hauled his first load of gravel with his single truck in 1932, and his transportation company was born. Over the past 81 years, Ruan has grown to become one of the largest family owned, privately held trucking firms in the country, specializing in dedicated contract carriage, logistics management and warehouse management.
Benefits of Ruan
At Ruan, our truck drivers' schedules are predictable with both home daily and regional operations. Truck drivers have local managers at most locations, and we assign drivers to one primary customer, eliminating uncertainty. This means our drivers handle the same type of equipment and cargo on most runs, they develop relationships with our customers and they generate ideas that improve our customers' operations.
Click here (link to: http://www.ruan.com/driver-testimonials.aspx) to see what our professional truck drivers have to say about working for Ruan.
- Must have at least 1 year of verifiable tractor trailer experience in the past 36 months and a valid Class A CDL
- Be at least 22 years or older
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years (some restrictions apply)
- No more than 1 DOT recordable preventable accidents in the last 3 years
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Read and speak the English Language sufficiently to converse w/ general public, understand safety signs and signals, and respond to official inquiries & make entries on reports/records.
- Licensed in state of Residence(or within 30 days of transfer to another state)
- Cannot currently hold an occupational or restricted license or work permit
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must sign a release for Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP). PSP content will be used in the hiring evaluation process.
- Passes training/orientation requirements, including a road test
Dedicated to Diversity
Not Currently Hiring:
We are always looking for the next professional Ruan driver! Although we are not currently hiring in Seattle, WA, we encourage you to submit your application for future openings. The online application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and will be kept confidential within our Driver Recruiting department. When a position becomes available in your area, your application will be considered at that time.
Thank you for your interest in Ruan!