VP of Managed Transportation
We are looking for a dynamic sales executive to join the Ruan team!
Remote position - open to where candidate resides - travel required!
Top 5 in Dedicated Transportation in the USA
Top 25 in 3PL Logistics Management in the USA
Top 10 in Asset Based 3PL in USA
Dedicated Warehousing for several large accounts
Founded in 1932, Ruan is a family owned transportation company, providing dedicated contract transportation, logistics management and warehouse management solutions to customers across the country. Ruan has more than 5,700 team members and owns or operates 3,802 power units and 8,395 trailers. The company operates in 48 states and has more than 300 locations nationwide.
This high energy transportation sales professional will manage and lead the sales process by creating strategic business opportunities and develop new business opportunities for Ruan’s non-asset contractual managed transportation product. Ruan’s innovative marketing and inside sales teams will work closely with this managed transportation sales professional to identify and develop new business opportunities that generate revenue growth and profitability. In addition, direct the sales strategy and lead the internal and external sales process that ultimately meets our customers’ expectations. For the right candidate - we are open to where they will reside, will work remotely, and, travel will be required.
- Develop new opportunities and find growth potential for Ruan’s non-asset contractual managed transportation product.
- Vet opportunities that meet Ruan's ideal client criteria that maximizes productive use of time.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and customers.
- Act as a sales consultant to develop strategies that brings value-added opportunities to our customers.
- Have a working knowledge of Ruan's Oracle TMS functionality during sales presentations.
- Have knowledge of the marketplace and managed services of our competition regarding technology and process offerings.
- Be able to differentiate Ruan's value in the marketplace.
- Manage and lead the sales process including RFI and gating document completion, initial contract review, RFP evaluation and pricing preparation resulting in an accurate and on-time proposal submission.
- Report all sales activity timely and accurately through the Salesforce CRM.
- Keep a robust and full prospect pipeline.
- Continuously prospect for new clients using Ruan’s marketing programs as well as own individual efforts.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Course(s) of Study: Sales, Transportation, or related industry
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years
Direct operational or sales experience in non-asset contractual managed transportation.
Ability to work in a team environment and influence at multiple levels, both external and internal as required. Must be able to meet behavioral expectations and perform in alignment with our guiding principles: safety, people, customer, performance, and continuous improvement.
Employee should have a high level of understanding of non-asset and transportation economics and how it relates to customer’s business. Strong understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals, including inbound transportation planning and execution, outbound transportation planning and execution. General understanding of quality improvement and application to system improvement.
Requires ability to quickly learn and understand Ruan Integrated Solution product offerings. Must be able to convey value vs. price. Through listening to the customer, must be able to create solutions that provide high customer satisfaction. Employee should have strong math, computer systems, problem solving and oral presentation skills. Must be able to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Employee should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a great communicator is a must!
Requires the ability to set priorities and accomplish duties of position with minimal direct supervision and direction.
Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Salesforce CRM and ability to learn various
Transportation/Logistics software applications.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity