Transportation Supervisor - Tulare, CA
Terminal Number: 504
Summary Information: Ruan Transportation has an immediate opening for a Transportation Supervisor in Tulare, CA working with our Dairy Division.
The Transportation Supervisor will be responsible for dispatching, supervising, leading, coordinating and scheduling a fleet of 220 drivers according to the customers' requests in compliance with company rules and DOT regulations. This position is also responsible for utilizing equipment and staff to maintain efficiency, customer satisfaction and overall operational profitability. Our Ruan team interacts heavily with our customers, and dispatches/supervises from pickup to destination.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and time-management skills, and will provide a high-touch level of service while excelling operationally. They will also have the ability to succeed in a fast paced, high-volume environment. This position will work on the following schedule: 4 days on, 4 days off. 12-hour shifts.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, prefer degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain. Transportation leadership experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Two years of experience in transportation leadership role preferred.
- Experience in Dairy/Ag preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Direct experience managing a union labor force is preferred but not required.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology such as routing systems and Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills.
Dedicated to Diversity
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
At Ruan, our 4,200 professional truck drivers are our most valuable assets. Our founder, John Ruan, personally hauled his first load of gravel with his single truck in 1932, and his transportation company was born. Over the past 83 years, Ruan has grown to become one of the largest family owned, privately held trucking firms in the country, specializing in dedicated contract carriage, logistics management and warehouse management.
Benefits of Ruan
- Free Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Late-Model Equipment
- Local Management
- Great Home Time