Terminal Number: T-230
Summary Information: Ruan Transportation has an immediate opening for a Terminal Manager in Austin, TX. This position will supervise, lead, coach and mentor, facilitate training, and manage the financials for an entire Ruan operation that is on-site with our customer. The staff consists of approximately 35 professional company drivers and operations staff. High interaction and daily communication on delivery updates and service concerns with all customers is critical.
The ideal candidate will have the desire to facilitate change, improve processes, provide a high touch level of service, and excel operationally. Business will require periodic weekend work for training, meetings and support during high volume times.
- Responsible for overall management of the operation by providing leadership and direction to create process improvements and establish a team environment.
- Organize, plan and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate and retain terminal employees in accordance with Federal regulations and company policy.
- Operate terminal efficiently by analyzing operating costs, equipment utilization, fuel mileage and driver wages.
Adhere to SMART safety program in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure drivers and terminal personnel adhere to established DOT regulation and safety standards.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain. 3-5 years of transportation leadership experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- One year of experience in transportation leadership role required. Preferred candidate will have three years experience supervising and leading a transportation team consisting of drivers and office staff.
- Prior experience managing multiple customer accounts is strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Experience conducting business using multiple software systems and processes.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems.
Dedicated to Diversity