Transportation Supervisor-Cleburne, TX
Terminal Number: T-694
Summary Information: Supervises, coordinates and schedules a fleet of drivers according to customer requests in compliance with company rules and DOT regulations to maximize equipment utility, customer satisfaction and operational profitability.
Shifts: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm (On-call every other week)
- Schedule and direct the work activity for a group of company drivers and yard hostlers.
- Create and implement all routing scenarios for the driver team.
- Provide leadership and direction to drivers and other operations staff to include process improvement, team building, coaching and feedback.
- Organize, plan and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Organize and manage training, repairs, and maintenance.
- Identify and resolve delivery and scheduling issues through timely communication with customers, drivers, vendors and other Ruan locations.
- Process and audit driver logs, vehicle condition reports and other paperwork in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Associate's degree required; strongly prefer Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Transportation or Logistics.
- 2 years of experience in an operational transportation or similar industry role strongly desired.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of dispatch systems and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access.
- Direct experience leading, directing and developing transportation team members is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Dedicated to Diversity
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity