Ruan's Manufacturing Transportation Capabilities
Ruan works with our partners in the manufacturing industry to address your supply chain and logistics challenges and engineer new solutions. We help manage your needs – from warehouse and distribution streamlining, to managing material flow, to using technology to gain a stronger competitive foothold. Look to Ruan’s team of experts to get it done right.
Ruan's Integrated Supply Chain Solutions offer it all, including Dedicated Contract Transportation, Managed Transportation, and Value-Added Warehousing. We combine the flexibility of our non-asset and asset-based capabilities with optimal technology and superior service focused on continuous improvement, cost savings, and supply chain efficiency. The Ruan team partners with chemical and industrial gases customers to evaluate, optimize, and deliver a one-source, integrated supply chain solution.
Why should you consider Ruan as your partner?
Ruan’s professional supply chain team manages more than $1.35 billion in annual transportation spend. We are an asset-based third party logistics (3PL) founded in 1932. Our solution engineering team and skilled operators leverage our technology and proven processes to streamline your network, adding value, and reducing cost.
We execute an analysis that delivers a customized strategy for the optimal service and cost solution based on your requirements and goals. We recommend the best combination of your current providers, our vetted network of partners, and Ruan's assets.
Ruan’s experts configure our powerful integrated supply chain technology suite to accommodate your business rules, provide the most efficient planning, and ensure that reporting provides actionable metrics for ongoing improvement.
Contact a sales representative: Solutions@ruan.com
Partnership Solutions For Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division
The Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division (ABD) and Ruan partner for Dedicated Contract Transportation and Value-added Warehousing.
- Transportation and warehousing fulfillment
- The management of the fleet and professional drivers
- State-of-the-art technology
- Compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements
- ABD has reduced risk, built flexibility and scale, and maximized profits
- Enables ABD to provide the highest level of services to its customers
- ABD is able to focus on its core responsibility of governing the alcoholic beverages marketplace in Iowa
Partnership Solutions For Pine Ridge Farms
Headquartered in Des Moines, IA, Pine Ridge Farms produces fresh and frozen pork products and offers custom ham processing.
- Outbound fresh and frozen protein freight management
- 7,500 annual truckload shipments of temperature-controlled protein products, including 1,300 annual multi-stop shipments
- 2,700 annual shuttle movements
- 10 percent increase in carrier efficiency through management of inbound freight and outbound opportunities
- $180,000 annual savings by optimizing transfer movements and consolidating washout and fuel costs
- Increase in quality food-grade drop trailer capacity, providing relief of production space and decreased labor cost
Partnership Solutions For MGP
Headquartered in Atchison, KS, MGP supplies premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches.
- Two logistics specialists on-site at the client's corporate office managing 15 core carriers that make nationwide deliveries
- 24/7 coverage by Ruan’s customer service support center in Des Moines, IA
- Mode selection and load management of 8,500+ annual loads
- Routed orders integration with the shipment details sent back to SAP to drive transportation costs and loading activities based on ship date determination
- Tailored communication is also emailed to client’s customer service team for end-customer notification
LATEST INDUSTRY NEWS
FMCSA Proposes Hours-of-Service Changes
Since new hours-of-service (HOS) regulations were introduced by the Department of Transportation in 2013, the transportation industry has argued the need for flexibility in the rules.
Experts Drive Industry Leading Technology Package
Knowing how to quickly set-up and configure supply chain technology so the solutions work for individual customers is the key to getting the most flexible and powerful performance from industry-leading technology.
Following Our Guiding Principles During Covid-19
Consistent with our People First and Safety Focus Guiding Principles, Ruan’s Business Continuity Task Force and senior leaders have been actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation.
Leveraging System Design and Engineering Optimization
Supply Chain 4.0 is an integrative approach to operational digitization, where existing and emerging technology applications are leveraged to transform the supply chain ecosystem.
Choosing the Right 3PL and Supporting Supply Chain Excellence
Choosing the right third-party logistics (3PL) provider can make or break your goal of achieving supply chain excellence and have a significant impact on your company's brand.
How Can A Third-Party Logistics Provider Save Me Money?
Every supply chain deserves a thorough analysis by a team of experts whose daily goal is supply chain excellence.
Do you want to trim transportation costs? Get a free supply chain analysis from Ruan!