Who Should Join the Team?
If you’re looking for a new career with a company that values your safety and knows you by name, and not just another number, joining the Ruan team is the choice for you. Ruan hires professional drivers who will be the Captain of their own Ship.
About the Job
Pay is activity based at $.49 per mile, averaging $68k annually
430-480 miles/day with 1-2 stops
$10,000 in bonuses – paid out in full after 6 months – See Below for Details
100% Vans with 75% or more as D&H
Tuesday-Saturday PM Shift
New Weekly Pay
Ruan recognizes the fact that switching companies can be stressful. That’s why we are offering a $10,000 in bonuses for full time drivers to make your transition seamless. Here’s how it is paid out: $5,000 transition bonus that you can use after 90 days, and a $5,000 retention bonus that is paid in full after 6 months. (*Bonuses apply to full time employees only)
You will be automatically become eligible for benefits within your first 60 days of employment with Ruan. Ruan provides a flexible spending account, 401(k) savings plan & employer match, basic life coverage, short term & long term disability insurance, paid time off & holidays.
What does a typical day look like for Ruan driver in Shell Rock, IA?
Every day is an adventure at Ruan. Drivers on this account will haul essential home goods and building supplies in dry van trailers for our dedicated customer, Menards, based in Shell Rock, IA. Drivers will deliver pre-loaded vans to customer locations for drop and hook or live unloading. Shifts will work an average of 10 to 12 hours while following HOS. Drivers will average 1 to 2 loads per shift with 1 stop per load and will always be home daily.
Why Work at Ruan?
Ruan is committed to hiring best-in-class professional drivers. Our professional truck drivers are more than simply a part of the success of Ruan; they are essential to it. Ruan drivers receive ongoing safety training, full benefits after 60 days, and are recognized through several awards programs. Drivers at Ruan are the Captain of their own Ship with no forced dispatch because safety truly comes first. Our driver retention rate is four times the industry average, and we credit that to our safety, benefits, and commitment to your home vs. highway time.
Safety Starts on Day 1
Your safety is our top priority and that starts on Day 1. Not only does Ruan provide a “megasafe” culture, we’re working hard to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Drivers will go through a virtual orientation
- Prior to your Pre-employment road test, the truck will be sanitized before and after the test
- During the test, both parties will wear masks and gloves
- All trucks are thoroughly and frequently cleaned
- You will be provided with masks, gloves, and sanitizer
Call today to speak to a recruiter 800-879-7826
- Must be at least 22 years or older
- No more than three moving violations in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No more than one DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- Additional qualifications will apply
- One year of driving experience is required
- With the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse in effect, all applicants must create a profile at fmcsa.dot.gov before being hired
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan. Company matches 50 percent of your deferral (up to 6 percent) after one year of service.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability
- Free virtual visits with Doctor On Demand or in-network provider
- Wellness and tuition reimbursements
Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
Short on time? No problem! Submit a quick application to get started!