We are pleased to announce the names of our 2013 Terminal of the Year Region Finalists and Region Winners!
We have more than 260 operations across the country serving our customers. Our field team members—terminal managers, transportation supervisors, dispatchers, professional drivers, office assistants, technicians and other personnel—all work together to safely and efficiently deliver our customers’ products each and every day. The new Terminal of the Year program is intended to recognize the efforts of Ruan terminal teams as they demonstrate our Guiding Principles of Safety Focus, People First, Customer Satisfaction, Exceptional Performance and Continuous Improvement.
We are proud to share with you the seven 2013 Terminal of the Year Region Finalists selected by region vice presidents as the best in their regions. Our senior leadership team recently narrowed the list of Region Finalists to three Region Winners, bolded in the list below. The terminal managers of the three Region Winners will visit Des Moines, IA, in July for our first combined Driver and Terminal of the Year events. There, we will announce one 2013 Terminal of the Year from among the three Region Winners.
2013 Terminal of the Year Region Finalists and Winners:
- T125, Ft. Wayne, IN – Led by Terminal Manager Randy Knapke
- T113 and T582, Phoenix, AZ – Led by Terminal Manager Dave Cochran
- Spring Valley, IL, Operation – Led by Terminal Manager Darrin Ross
- Des Moines, IA, Operation – Led by Terminal Manager Bob Beiner
- T065, Salem, VA – Led by Terminal Manager Shawn Ray
- Tulare, CA, Operation – Led by Terminal Manager Claude Balaam
- Cedar Falls, IA, Operation – Led by Terminal Manager Matt Skarin
Each Region Finalist terminals have already received a plaque recognizing their achievement. The three Region Winners will receive a trophy and prizes for all winning terminal team members. The 2013 Terminal of the Year will receive a trophy, awards for all winning terminal team members and a corporate-hosted celebration at the terminal.