Ruan Transportation Management Systems
Transportation Sales - Managed Transportation
Founded in 1932, Ruan is a family owned Transportation Company, providing dedicated contract transportation, logistics management and warehouse management solutions to customers across the country with more than 85 years of transportation experience.
Top 5 in Dedicated Transportation in the USA
Top 25 in 3PL Logistics Management in the USA
Top 10 in Asset Based 3PL in USA
Providing Dedicated Value- Added Warehousing for several large accounts
Ruan has more than 5,100 team members and owns or operates 3,802 power units and 8,395 trailers. The company operates in 48 states and has more than 300 locations nationwide. We manage in excess of $1Billion of Freight in USA.
Ruan is looking for a Transportation Sales professional with experience in successfully winning Managed Transportation opportunities! This high energy professional will focus on and sell contractual managed transportation (non-asset) solutions. Identifying new Dedicated Contract Transportation and Value-Added Warehouse opportunities will also be part of the job, especially if related to Managed Transportation opportunities. The individual will work within their prescribed geographic area, vertical and through established relationships. The individual will work closely with Ruan’s Marketing and Inside Sales groups to find prospects, vet for fit to the successful Ruan customer criteria and close new business. The position calls for the collection of relevant data for the development of dynamic solutions, strategic concepts and statistical measures for customer system improvements. Responsible for creating approach plans for new opportunities, directing the sales strategy and quarterbacking the internal and external sales process in order to meet the customer’s expectations. This position will work remotely, live in the SE Region of United States, and, travel will be required!
- Sell new and add growth specifically to Ruan’s Contract Managed Transportation portfolio, while also recognizing new opportunities for Ruan’s Dedicated Contract Transportation and Value-Added warehousing offerings in order to increase company revenue and profit, while achieving assigned sales goals.
- Recognize and vet opportunities that adhere to Ruan's ideal client criteria in order to maximize productive use of time. Build and maintain relationships with prospects and customers that advance the opportunity for adding business.
- Develop consultant sales strategies to advance the opportunity to increase sales.
- Demonstrate Ruan's Oracle TMS functionality during sales presentations.
- Understand the marketplace and managed services of our competition in-regards to technology and process offerings.
- Be able to differentiate Ruan's value in the marketplace.
- Manage and lead the sales process including RFI and gating document completion, initial contract review, RFP evaluation and pricing preparation resulting in an accurate and on-time proposal submission.
- Report all sales activity timely and accurately through the Salesforce CRM. Keep a robust and full prospect pipeline. Continuously prospect for new clients using company's marketing programs as well as own individual efforts.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Course(s) of Study: Sales, Transportation, or related industry
Experience: 5-10 year’s
Location: Southeast Region preferred/remote
- Direct operational or sales experience in non-asset contractual logistics and familiarity with dedicated contract transportation and value-added warehouse. Willingness to be trained in and market all three of Ruan’s product lines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence at multiple levels, both external and internal as required. Must be able to meet behavioral expectations and perform in alignment with our guiding principles: safety, people, customer, performance, and continuous improvement.
- Employee should have a high level of understanding of non-asset and transportation economics and how it relates to customer’s business.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals, including inbound transportation planning and execution, outbound transportation planning and execution. General understanding of quality improvement and application to system improvement.
- Requires ability to quickly learn and understand Ruan Integrated Solution product offerings. Must be able to convey value vs. price. Through listening to the customer, must be able to create solutions that provide high customer satisfaction.
- Employee should have strong math, computer systems, problem solving and oral presentation skills. Must be able to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Employee should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a great communicator is a must!
- Requires the ability to set priorities and accomplish duties of position with minimal direct supervision and direction.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Salesforce CRM and ability to learn various Transportation/Logistics software applications.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity