If you’re looking for a new career with a company that values your safety and knows you by name, and not just another number, joining the Ruan team is the choice for you. Ruan hires professional drivers who will be the Captain of their own Ship.
About the Job
- Drivers are home daily, with possible 1 to 2 nights out
- Driver's choose schedules- as long as product is delivered by 4 AM
- Earn competitive pay - $0.53 CPM, $15 per stop, $10 per hour, $25 per diem average $85,000 annually
- Earn a $5,000 transition bonus + $5,000 retention bonus
- New Weekly Pay Schedule
- This dedicated account ensures steady freight and no layoffs
- This position is based in Lockport, IL
- This account offers assigned sleeper trucks
- Ruan offers a great benefits package that includes dental, vision, matching 401K, PTO, short and long term disability and free virtual visits with Doctor-On-Demand or in-network provider
You will be automatically become eligible for benefits within your first 60 days of employment with Ruan. Ruan provides a flexible spending account, 401(k) savings plan & employer match, basic life coverage, short term & long term disability insurance, paid time off & holidays
What does a typical day look like for a Ruan Driver in Lockport?
Every day is an adventure at Ruan. Drivers on this account will haul palletized food product and snacks in dry vans for our dedicated customer based in Lockport, IL. This is a 24/7 operation with a 5 day work week. The schedule on this account offers complete flexibility with the driver. The driver can set his own schedule, deciding when to leave out, only requiring the product is delivered by 4 AM. Drivers will typically have consecutive days off and routes are within a 500 mile radius. The route averages 1,900 miles and 9 stops per week and drivers will work about 55 hours per week. These routes will require driver assist via electric pallet jack.
Why work at Ruan?
Ruan is committed to hiring best-in-class professional drivers. Our professional truck drivers are more than simply a part of the success of Ruan; they are essential to it. Ruan drivers receive ongoing safety training, full benefits after 60 days, and are recognized through several awards programs. Drivers at Ruan are the Captain of their own Ship with no forced dispatch because safety truly comes first. Our driver retention rate is four times the industry average, and we credit that to our safety, benefits, and commitment to your home vs. highway time.
Safety Starts on Day 1
Your safety is our top priority and that starts on Day 1. Not only does Ruan provide a “megasafe” culture, we’re working hard to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Drivers will go through a virtual orientation.
- Prior to your Pre-employment road test, the truck will be sanitized before and after the test. During the test, both parties will wear masks and gloves.
- All trucks are thoroughly and frequently cleaned
- You will be provided with masks, gloves, and sanitizer
- Must be at least 22 years or older
- No more than three moving violations in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No more than one DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- Additional qualifications will apply
- With the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse in effect, all applicants must create a profile at fmcsa.dot.gov before being hired
- 1 year of tractor/trailer experience required
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan. Company matches 50 percent of your deferral (up to 6 percent) after one year of service.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability
- Benefits start in 30 days of employment
- Free virtual visits with Doctor On Demand or in-network provider
- Wellness and tuition reimbursements
Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
Short on time? No problem! Submit a quick application to get started!