About The Job
Ruan Transportation is hiring full time Flex drivers to support our operations based in Des Moines, IA. Flex drivers will learn a number of different operations, haul various commodities and equipment types to include dry van, refrigerated, curtain side, pneumatic bulk, and tank trailers. Our Flex driver force has varied schedules, could be home daily or out up to 1 to 4 nights a time and earn premium pay.
- NEW $5,000 sign on bonus
- Work 5 or 6 day work weeks and always home for your 34 hour reset
- Local and Regional
- $28/hour with OT after 40 hours
- Drivers can make up to $101k per year or $1,900 weekly
- Driver will support all Des Moines Operating Centers Operations
- Work week schedule will vary from home daily to out 1-4 nights each week.
- Driver must have or attain hazmat endorsements within 60 days
- Driver must have tank endorsement
- Excellent Benefit Package
Why work at Ruan?
Ruan is committed to hiring best-in-class professional drivers. Our professional truck drivers are more than simply a part of the success of Ruan; they are essential to it. Ruan drivers receive ongoing safety training, full benefits after 60 days, and are recognized through several awards programs. Drivers at Ruan are the Captain of their own Ship with no forced dispatch because safety truly comes first. Our driver retention rate is four times the industry average, and we credit that to our safety, benefits, and commitment to your home vs. highway time.
Safety Starts on Day 1
Your safety is our top priority and that starts on Day 1. Not only does Ruan provide a “megasafe” culture, we’re working hard to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Drivers will go through a virtual orientation.
- Prior to your Pre-employment road test, the truck will be sanitized before and after the test. During the test, both parties will wear masks and gloves.
- All trucks are thoroughly and frequently cleaned
- You will be provided with masks, gloves, and sanitizer
- Must be at least 22 years or older
- No more than three moving violations in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No more than one DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- Additional qualifications will apply
- One year of driving experience is required
- With the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse in effect, all applicants must create a profile at fmcsa.dot.gov before being hired
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan. Company matches 50 percent of your deferral (up to 6 percent) after one year of service.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short and long term disability
- Free virtual visits with Doctor On Demand or in-network provider
- Wellness and tuition reimbursements
- Will preparation service
Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
Short on time? No problem! Submit a quick application to get started!