Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Position will be split between administrative tasks and dispatching responsibilities
Coordinate the timely movement of customer's product in a safe, efficient manner, in compliance with company rules and DOT regulations. Assign workload to available drivers, monitor product movements and resolve delivery and scheduling issues. Properly use the Ruan transportation management systems to ensure all required operational data is accurately captured in a near real-time manner.
- Responsible for the timely pickup and delivery of all customer orders within assigned area while maintaining customer expectations. Ensure efficient utilization of drivers and equipment
- Direct and schedule drivers' work. Notify drivers of work assignments to ensure on-time movement of goods to maximize operational efficiency. Regularly monitor driver activities and performance.
- Identify and resolve daily service and scheduling issues. Inform and escalate service issues to management as appropriate. Maintain timely and professional communication with customer contacts on issues impacting service and overall performance.
- Monitor drivers' hours of service to prevent DOT violations.
- Effectively communicate with customer on a regular and timely basis regarding issues impacting the customer and/or their service expectations.
- Accurately prepare and process data and paperwork including but not limited to maintaining driver activities in computer systems, activity reports/trip documents, driver hours of service, fuel tickets and other required items. Responsible to update driver and dispatch information into dispatch system real time.
- Monitor and promote safety in all areas of dispatch.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of Transportation, dispatching, terminal assistant, customer service or other related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required.
- Strong working knowledge of technology within dispatch systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Why Join Us
Career opportunity: This position offers great opportunities to learn and advance into management positions.
Stability and consistency: Ruan is a family-owned company that offers consistency for you and your family. Our long history and continued growth provide security and peace of mind.
Benefits: This position is eligible for paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, referral bonuses, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity