Overnight Yard Supervisor
Schedule: Fridays (10 hours) 4:30 pm -2:30 am
Saturday-Monday (12 hours) 6:00 pm-6:00 am
In addition to yard duties, the Lead Yard Hostler will coordinate overall workflow of the driver group during shift and is primary liaison for team members and Target while on shift. Communications include safety observations, lunch completion, and tractor availability. This is a Friday to Monday schedule, but lead will need to be flexible with schedule based on where needed.
- Reposition trailers to support the loading and unloading process of the assigned operation
- Inspects equipment to assure that it is safe and ready for dispatch
- Accepts and completes assignments on-time and adheres to Ruan’s safety guidelines
- Maintains professional and timely communication with appropriate Ruan and customer personnel. Presents a business appropriate appearance and always conducts self in a professional manner while representing Ruan, including at home terminal, customer sites, truck stops and any other establishment where contact is made with co-workers, customers, vendors or the general public.
- Leads the yard drivers with proper techniques and serves as a contact for questions and concerns, escalate to fleet supervisor when needed.
- Complies with all Ruan policies including safety guidelines and standards and a work environment that is free of any and all types of discrimination, harassment and violence.
- Build and develop business relationships with both internal and external customers/vendors. Act as a fuel subject matter expert of Ruan management team to the customer. Collaborate to achieve optimal solutions and sustainable growth. Point of contact for customer and other administrative duties during shift when applicable.
- and investigate best practices and alternate fuel options within the fuel industry. Identify potential applications that would be good fit for the company.
- Adjusts and communicates changes in driver schedules according to business need and documents and submits all trailer moves on provided daily move sheets accurately
- With the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse in effect, all applicants must create a profile at fmcsa.dot.gov before being hired
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Must be at least 22 years or older and preferred candidates will have a CDL.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, transportation or similar industry role.
- Previous leadership and/or management experience is required.
- No more than three moving violations in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No more than one DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- One year of driving experience is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Join Us
Career opportunity: This position offers great opportunities to learn and advance into management positions.
Stability and consistency: Ruan is a family-owned company that offers consistency for you and your family. Our long history and continued growth provide security and peace of mind.
Benefits: This position is eligible for paid time off, holiday pay, 401K retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, referral bonuses, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity