About the Job
Who Should Join the Team?
Whether you're looking for your first job out of technician school or have some repair experience and are looking to switch gears, this Ruan Technician position should be a great fit for you.
What's the Job?
As a Technician at Ruan, you'll perform routine preventative maintenance inspections on locally domiciled, dedicated equipment. You’ll work alongside some of the best and most experienced technicians as you diagnose mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals, diagnostic equipment and experience. You will also complete state and federal inspections.
About the Job
- Our shop is modern and is equipped with the latest technology
- Get a $5,000 sign-on bonus
- You will be guaranteed a 40 hour work week
- You will receive paid, ongoing training that will help you advance in your career
You will be automatically become eligible for our tool and work book reimbursement program. We supply you with uniforms. Ruan provides a flexible spending account, 401(k) savings plan & employer match, basic life coverage, short term & long term disability insurance, paid time off & holidays
What does a typical day look like for a Ruan Technician?
Every day is an adventure at Ruan. Most days begin with a work assignment of either diagnostics, where a technician identifies the cause of a unit being down, or pre-planned preventative maintenance on a truck or trailer. Examples of preventative maintenance may include an engine tune up or replacing brakes. Needless to say each day brings on a new and exciting challenge.
Because Ruan operates the latest equipment and technology, we believe that providing training to all technicians and mechanics is important. You will have days where you will have learning opportunities and discussions on how to create and operate in a safe work environment.
Why work at Ruan?
Ruan is committed to hiring best-in-class professional mechanics and technicians. We hire the best because this team is responsible for keeping nearly 4,000 power units and 7,500 trailers safe, reliable, and on the road delivering products to customers.
Ruan invests in its mechanics and technicians and ensures everyone has access to the latest training, technology, and safety procedures. We do this in hopes that it will enable growth within the technician career path and so that our technicians can bring out the best of their ability. Ruan has many benefits to offer our mechanics and technicians, including paid Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification when you start or continue your career here
If you have a sense of adventure and enjoy unique challenges, this job at Ruan might be the fit for you!
Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826.
Ruan Technician Career Path
You can start your career with Ruan and advance as far as your goals will take you. Ruan is proud to offer career paths that benefit our team members and have had many employees start as Utility Worker or Tech One and move up through the organization, even reaching the level of Senior Vice President.
Ask us about our Top Tech competition! This is a hands-on competition where the top 10 qualifiers are flown to Des Moines, IA to compete in the finals. Based on 11 skill stations and ranked on predetermined actions, we then send the top three qualifiers to the TMC Super Tech national competition!
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO) and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunities to learn and advance into management positions
- Tools are kept up-to-date with the shop providing specialty tools that are needed
- Company paid ongoing training opportunities
- Prescription safety glasses
- PPE provided for job requirements
- Monthly safety training
- Paid ASE certifications
- Referral bonuses
- Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to pass Ruan certification tests.
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Transmission, engine and diagnostic experience required.
- Welding experience preferred.