Start a new career through the Ruan Technician Apprenticeship Program
Ruan is always looking for individuals who want a long-term career, like to work with their hands, and solve problems. That's why the Ruan Technician Apprenticeship Program is available to individuals without prior technician training who want to learn from veteran diesel mechanics and become professional technicians. This program allows apprentices the opportunity to learn while working on the best late-model equipment in the trucking industry. Ruan provides apprentices with Snap-on tools that they can use while learning new skills and lets them work alongside veteran diesel mechanics on real trucks and equipment.
What is this program?
Ruan initiated our Technician Apprenticeship Program in 2019, and we are always looking for motivated individuals that are interested in jumpstarting their career with a stable, family-owned company. We provide the opportunity for selected apprentices to gain valuable work experience and learn the fast paced and exciting transportation industry, all while working closely with an experienced technician as your mentor throughout the program.
Who is eligible?
Ruan is looking for candidates who are motivated to succeed and have completed high school or earned their GED. While a technical aptitude is preferred, no mechanical or transportation experience is required.
Here's a quick look at our Technician Apprenticeship Program:
- Three-year competency-based program with progressive increase in pay and responsibility.
- Apprentices work directly with a technician mentor and learn what it takes to maintain Class 8 equipment to Ruan's stringent standards.
- Apprentices complete the same dealer level factory training that Ruan technician go through.
- Career development and advancement is important to us. We invest in our people with the goal of ongoing training for all team members.
- Utilize a Ruan provided professional technician tool set to use while learning your new skills
- Full time opportunity - 40+ hours per week.
- Once the apprenticeship program is completed, you'll be set up for a successful career as a Ruan Technician II.
Apprentice, Jesus, based out of San Antonio, TX
Ruan Technician Career Path
You can start your career with Ruan and advance as far as your goals will take you. Ruan is proud to offer career paths that benefit our team members, and we have had many employees start as a Utility Worker or Technician I and move up through the organization, even reaching the level of senior vice president.