Start a new career Through the Ruan Technician Apprenticeship Program
Ruan is always looking for individuals who want a long-term career, like to work with their hands, and solve problems. That's why the Ruan Technician Apprenticeship Program is available to individuals without prior technician training who want to learn from veteran diesel mechanics and become professional technicians. This program allows apprentices the opportunity to learn while working on the best late-model equipment in the trucking industry. Ruan provides apprentices with Snap-on tools that they can use while learning their new skills, and these tools will be given to the apprentices upon graduation from the three-year paid and structured apprenticeship program.
The three-year Ruan Technician Apprenticeship Program is broken down into 12 quarters. At the completion of each quarter, the apprentice must successfully complete a structured learning assessment for that quarter and demonstrate that his or her skills are improving. Upon successful completion of the three-year apprenticeship, the tools will become the property of the apprentice, and he or she will be promoted to the level of Technician II. Ruan is excited to usher in the next generation of technicians, and we are willing to make a huge investment to do so.
- Three-year paid and structured program
- Get more than $20,000 in Snap-on tools to use while learning your new skills; after graduation, these tools will be given to you
- Earn a competitive wage while employed as an apprentice with quarterly raises
- As a full-time employee with Ruan, you will be eligible for all of our benefits, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and company-matched 401(k)
- Safety boots and uniforms are provided
- Work in a safe environment and learn from some of the best technicians in the industry
- Through quarterly testing on Ruan and ASE certifications, you will improve your knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Upon completion of the three-year apprenticeship, you will have industry recognized skills, actual experience, and a well-equipped tool set
- Opportunity to relocate to other Ruan shops throughout the U.S.
Why Technicians Choose a Career with Ruan
Ruan Technician Career Path
You can start your career with Ruan and advance as far as your goals will take you. Ruan is proud to offer career paths that benefit our team members, and we have had many employees start as a Utility Worker or Technician I and move up through the organization, even reaching the level of senior vice president.