How Can a Third-Party Logistics Provider Save Me Money?
How often have you wondered how much money you could be leaving on the table by not exploring the benefits of a partnership with a third-party logistics provider (3PL)? Of course, there are no guarantees that your supply chain could be better optimized by a 3PL, but what if you could save 5 or 10 percent?
Every supply chain deserves a thorough analysis by a team of experts whose daily goal is supply chain excellence.
Ruan’s expert Solution Engineering Team leverages our best-of-breed supply chain network optimization and logistics engineering platform, combined with our insight as a third-party logistics provider and top national carrier, to produce realistic and actionable recommendations.
Our network analysis process begins with current-state mapping of your supply chain network for benchmarking the value potential of network optimization. We align your future-state network with your corporate strategy to improve product distribution efficiency, spend, and service levels. Plus, we perform a gap analysis to compare against industry best practices. We look at baseline optimization to discover alternative routes and modes in the current network and also perform greenfield analysis for potential, new infrastructure elements.
Analysis may include:
• Identifying strategic sites for facilities such as distribution centers and cross-dock operations
• Leveraging dedicated capacity for high volume lanes and slip seating tractors for equipment utilization
• Selecting optimal modes (LTL, TL, intermodal, etc.) based on quality, service, schedule, and cost requirements
• Identifying multiple-stop truckloads, continuous moves, delivery window flexibility, and shipment relay opportunities
• Trailer optimization: realistic volume and weight adjustments to improve planning accuracy
• Evaluating carrier rates, service, and claims
What Are the Potential Areas Ruan’s Supply Chain Network Analysis Can Save Money?
INSERT IMAGE HERE