After an extensive review process in search of Ruan Transportation Management Systems' 2011 Driver of the Year, 13 out of 4,200 professional drivers were recently named region winners.
The winners, along with the terminal out of which they operate and the Ruan customer they serve, are listed here:
- Bryan Czepiel; Canby, OR; Johnson Controls
- Robert Liverpool; Chester, VA; Airgas Merchant Gases
- Steve Walker; Muscatine, IA; HON
- Earney Dobbs; Seattle, WA; Unified Grocers
- Keith Golliday; Martinsburg, WV; Ecolab
- Harry Dunnington; Landover, MD; Whole Foods Market
- Paul Silva; Tulare, CA; Farm pick-up customers
- David Areias; Turlock, CA; Farm pick-up customers
- Ignacio Quintero; Roswell, NM; Farm pick-up customers
- Steve Felker; Phoenix, AZ; Flowers Foods
- Rick DeVolder; Cedar Falls, IA; Target
- Robert Schroud; Madison, WI; Airgas Merchant Gases
- Shaun Anderson; Ankeny, IA; Airgas Merchant Gases
Ruan, an 80-year-old dedicated contract carriage and logistics company headquartered in Des Moines, IA, began the search for its Driver of the Year when 122 drivers from Ruan's 233 locations were named region finalists based on length of service, safety and driving records, and exceptional customer service.
Ruan's regional vice presidents then narrowed the field further to these 13 region winners. One of the 13 region winners, as selected by Ruan's executive committee, will be honored as the 2011 Driver of the Year on July 10.
Ruan drivers are dedicated to continually improving the service that valued customers receive and deserve. Drivers are assigned to individual shippers, so they handle the same type of equipment and cargo on every run, allowing them to become experts about their freight and their customers.
"These professional drivers represent our safest and most dedicated team members and have earned the respect and admiration of the entire Ruan team," said Ruan Chairman John Ruan III. "We look forward to celebrating this distinguished group in July during Ruan's 80th anniversary celebration, which will be an ideal time to recognize the individuals who best embody our company's long-held values of dedication, integrity, safety and superior service."
The Driver of the Year recognition coincides with Ruan's 80th anniversary and annual Founder's Days events, where the company celebrates the work ethic and philanthropic spirit of its founder, John Ruan, throughout the month of July.
"Ruan has achieved 80 successful years in business because of our hard-working and exceptional team members," said John Ruan III. "I can think of no better way to celebrate this milestone anniversary than by honoring our safest and most distinguished professional drivers."