For 26 years, Logistics Management magazine has been conducting an annual poll to recognize the top performers in transportation and logistics services. Ruan has again won the Quest for Quality award in the Bulk Motor Carriers category, scoring in the top seven places of all nominated bulk motor carriers. Ruan will receive the award at a reception on September 23 during the annual Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Conference in Chicago.
Each year the Quest for Quality study evaluates and measures transportation service providers, determines relevant criteria when selecting a provider, and examines performance measurements and expectations of providers. The Quest for Quality showcases results that are gleaned directly from Logistics Management's readers-knowledgeable buyers of transportation and logistics-and thus offers a pure list of the top service providers in the transportation, logistics, 3PL and warehousing marketplace.
Six surveys were emailed to Logistics Management readers from March through May 2009 asking respondents to evaluate transportation services that they are involved in purchasing. Respondents were asked to rate companies they have used as Outstanding, Average, or Poor, in five critical areas:
- Performance: On-time pickup & delivery, consistent dependable schedules and transit times, equipment availability
- Value: Rates are competitive with other carriers offering the same service, pricing commensurate to service level required by customer, simple pricing
- Information technology: Tracing and tracking shipments, EDI, Internet, electronic commerce capabilities
- Customer service: Prompt claims settlement, able to trace and expedite shipments, problems solved promptly and courteously
- Equipment and operations: Equipment available and in good condition, good safety record, low incidence of loss and damage claims
The results for all Quest for Quality winners were published in the August issue of Logistics Management as well as online at www.logisticsmgmt.com.