Why Work at Ruan?
Ruan is committed to hiring best-in-class professional diesel technicians. Ruan technicians receive ongoing safety training, full benefits after 60 days, and are recognized through several awards programs. Ruan technicians are more than just diesel mechanics; they are the engines that keeps our fleet running. We offer a tool allowance, work boot program, full benefits, paid training, and so much more. In addition, you are contributing to your own personal professional growth in this field and industry when you join the Ruan team.
About the Job
- $5,000 sign-on bonus!
- Guaranteed 40 hour work week!
- A majority of our shop managers began their Ruan career as technicians
- Performing routine preventative maintenance inspections!
- $22 per hour!
- Paid training
- Work on late-model equipment and have hands-on opportunities to use the latest technology
- Uniforms provided
- Tool reimbursement program
- Work boot reimbursement
- Completing state and federal inspections!
- Diagnosing mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals, diagnostic equipment and experience!
About the Shop:
This position will be located in the new Ruan Ankeny Operating Center. A state-of-the-art maintenance shop.
- 9,900 square-foot state-of-the-art maintenance shop
- Two full length 100-foot bays and a half bay for power unit repairs/inspections
- Service 100 trucks, including a few from other Iowa operations
- Features 56,000 pound lift for inspections and repairs, making the job for Ruan technicians by improving ergonomics
- Room to organize and streamline our equipment and tooling
- Multiple pressure washer wands on a trolley system for ease of use and access to all parts
- The 100-foot wash bay has an underbody wand and salt remover treatment that will help reduce corrosion
Routine preventative maintenance leads to three very important things: Safely, efficiently, and on time. This can’t happen without our skilled Diesel Mechanics, which contribute to the very core of our mission. Join Ruan and make a difference not only in the company, but our customers who serve a variety of industries that touch every part of the country. This is a great opportunity to start a rewarding career, build financial stability and have time to do the things you love.
Ask us about our Top Tech competition! Hands on competition where the top 10 qualifiers are flown to Des Moines, IA to compete in the finals. Based on eleven skill stations and ranked on predetermined actions, we then send the top three qualifiers to the TMC Super Tech national competition!
Ruan Technician Career Path
You can start your career with Ruan and advance as far as your goals will take you. Ruan is proud to offer career paths that benefit our team members and have had many employees start as Utility Worker or Tech One and move up through the organization, even reaching the level of Senior Vice President.
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to pass Ruan certification tests
- Class A CDL preferred
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Transmission, engine and diagnostic experience required
- Welding experience preferred
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO) and 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Great benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunities to learn and advance into management positions
- Tools are kept up-to-date with the shop providing specialty tools that are needed
- Company paid ongoing training opportunities
- Prescription safety glasses
- PPE provided for job requirements
- Monthly safety training
- Paid ASE certifications
- Referral bonuses
- Call a recruiter today at (800) 879-7826
EOE | Dedicated to Diversity