Ruan's Food and Beverage Capabilities
Ruan has been serving the food and beverage sector since 1934. More than 40 percent of our transportation and logistics business is food-related, so we know reliability and freshness are critical. Our food and beverage industry experience includes meat products, bakery, bottled water, bottled spirits, ice cream, cheese, general dry and refrigerated grocery, shelled eggs, produce, ethnic specialty, pasta, etc.
We understand the complexities of food and beverage transportation and logistics: safety and other regulations and requirements, cold chain requirements, managing seasonal surges, how to plan for flex and capacity for changing field conditions, market conditions, and weather impacts, tracking and tracing capabilities, continuous complete supply-chain visibility.
Ruan offers end-to-end supply chain and shipping solutions for manufacturers of medical devices, clinical supplies, and pharmaceutical products.
Ruan's Integrated Supply Chain Solutions include Dedicated Contract Transportation, Managed Transportation, and Value-Added Warehousing.
With over eight decades of food and beverage transportation management experience, Ruan provides complete Integrated Supply Chain Solutions. The Ruan team collaborates with our customers to evaluate, optimize, and deliver a one-source transportation solution focused on continuous improvement, cost reduction initiatives, safety, and overall supply chain efficiency. Nothing compares to Ruan, from hiring experienced, professional truck drivers and managing carriers to investing in equipment and implementing best-of-breed technology.
Contact a representative: Solutions@ruan.com
Do you want to trim transportation costs? Get a free supply chain analysis from Ruan!
Free Transportation Analysis
Partnership Solutions For Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division
The Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division (ABD) and Ruan partner for Dedicated Contract Transportation and Value-added Warehousing.
- Transportation and warehousing fulfillment
- The management of the fleet and professional drivers
- State-of-the-art technology
- Compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements
- ABD has reduced risk, built flexibility and scale, and maximized profits
- Enables ABD to provide the highest level of services to its customers
- ABD is able to focus on its core responsibility of governing the alcoholic beverages marketplace in Iowa
Partnership Solutions For Pine Ridge Farms
Headquartered in Des Moines, IA, Pine Ridge Farms produces fresh and frozen pork products and offers custom ham processing.
- Outbound fresh and frozen protein freight management
- 7,500 annual truckload shipments of temperature-controlled protein products, including 1,300 annual multi-stop shipments
- 2,700 annual shuttle movements
- 10 percent increase in carrier efficiency through management of inbound freight and outbound opportunities
- $180,000 annual savings by optimizing transfer movements and consolidating washout and fuel costs
- Increase in quality food-grade drop trailer capacity, providing relief of production space and decreased labor cost
Partnership Solutions For MGP
Headquartered in Atchison, KS, MGP supplies premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches.
- Two logistics specialists on-site at the client's corporate office managing 15 core carriers that make nationwide deliveries
- 24/7 coverage by Ruan’s customer service support center in Des Moines, IA
- Mode selection and load management of 8,500+ annual loads
- Routed orders integration with the shipment details sent back to SAP to drive transportation costs and loading activities based on ship date determination
- Tailored communication is also emailed to client’s customer service team for end-customer notification
LATEST INDUSTRY NEWS
FMCSA Proposes Hours-of-Service Changes
Since new hours-of-service (HOS) regulations were introduced by the Department of Transportation in 2013, the transportation industry has argued the need for flexibility in the rules.
Experts Drive Industry Leading Technology Package
Knowing how to quickly set-up and configure supply chain technology so the solutions work for individual customers is the key to getting the most flexible and powerful performance from industry-leading technology.
Following Our Guiding Principles During Covid-19
Consistent with our People First and Safety Focus Guiding Principles, Ruan’s Business Continuity Task Force and senior leaders have been actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation.
Leveraging System Design and Engineering Optimization
Supply Chain 4.0 is an integrative approach to operational digitization, where existing and emerging technology applications are leveraged to transform the supply chain ecosystem.
Choosing the Right 3PL and Supporting Supply Chain Excellence
Choosing the right third-party logistics (3PL) provider can make or break your goal of achieving supply chain excellence and have a significant impact on your company's brand.
How Can A Third-Party Logistics Provider Save Me Money?
Every supply chain deserves a thorough analysis by a team of experts whose daily goal is supply chain excellence.
Click the button below to learn more about receiving a free analysis on how Ruan can improve your supply chain.